Psst — stop brewing hot coffee and then adding ice to make watered down iced coffee.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Yonanas fruit soft-serve maker so you can magically transform frozen fruit into the dreamiest dessert. Reviewers swear it has the texture of ice cream or sorbet. And it’s great for folks who have dietary restrictions.
Promising review: “I saw one of these in action at a friends house like five years ago and thought it was just a made up memory, because making ice cream out of solely frozen fruit seems wild. But when I saw a TikTok about it I immediately went to Amazon and bought it. Literally this was the BEST decision of my life. I cannot believe still how amazing this thing is! It makes the creamiest, best tasting fruit ice cream ever. It’s easy to take apart and clean, and super easy to use.” —DMCKAY
Get it from Amazon for $49.95+ (available in six colors).
2. An easily washable drip catcher to prevent the counter space between the back of your faucet and the wall from turning into a puddle after you wash the dishes. This absorbent mat sits snugly around your faucet so the back section of your sink area stays dry.
Hustle & Sew / Etsy
Hustle & Sew is a small shop based in Saint Helens, Oregon.
Promising review: “LOVE these splash catchers! They save me from having to chase the puddles that form around the base of our faucet before they start creeping over the counter. So reasonably priced, made well with neatly finished edges, and packaged with gift-ready care.” —Alina
3. A set of magnetic air fryer cheat sheets that’ll ensure your foods emerge perfectly cooked instead of still raw or burned to a crisp because you guesstimated the cook time.
Promising review: “So glad that I came across these very handy sheets. I love having this information handy and easy to use. The magnetic sheets are strong and stay in place well, even with the fridge door opening and closing a lot. It’s handy having them right in view for quick reference. It helps us to use the air fryer more, as it’s easy to glance over and time things correctly. I like that it is a dark color so it doesn’t get messy as easily, and it has all the things we are most likely to use the air fryer for. The envelope the magnetic sheets come in is cute and would make a nice gift, perhaps in a basket or bag of related items. Happy to have these!” —Small~Town~Girl
Get them from Amazon for $11.29+ (also available in white).
4. A Souper Cube if weeknight dinners take you no less than an hour and a half to make (and that’s not counting cleanup time!). This silicone freezing tray stores perfectly portioned soups, stews, sauces, and more so you can meal prep in bulk over the weekend and then freeze it in these trays. It’s so easy to quickly grab them as needed and defrost them for an easy meal.
Each tray has four fill lines — 1/2 cup, 1 cup, 125 mL, and 250 mL — which is ideal for people who like to portion their food.
You may remember Souper Cube from Shark Tank (Lori invested in the company!). This small business was started by four friends who loved soup but hated food waste.
Promising review: “So happy that I found these. I’m the only one in my household who enjoys soup year-round. Have you ever tried to make homemade soup for one? I say it’s impossible! But no longer. I can brew up the stock pot with bone broth or my favorite home soup. Fill up my Souper Cubes, freeze, pop out, store my goodies in a freezer bag, and I’m ready for the next batch!” —Debbie R. Texas
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
5. A dishwasher-safe OXO avocado slicer for anyone who’s experienced the frustration of trying to cleanly pit and slice an avocado and ending up with a pile of edible green mush when things don’t go according to plan. This contraption slits, pits, and slices your avo so each sliver comes out smoothly. So satisfying!
Promising review: “Love this product and would highly recommend. Cuts avocados easily, removes the pit easily, and slices perfectly and easily. Before I’d have to dirty a knife to cut and slice and a spoon to remove them from the skin, but this does it all with only one utensil. A fun, useful tool.” —TJ S.
Get it from Amazon for $11.95.
6. And the ~Guac-Lock~ because no one wants to top their tacos with brown, sad-looking guac! This container pushes out the air that causes your avos to oxidize so you can enjoy guac and mashed avocados for toast for days without browning.
Promising review: “I love guacamole, but I’m the only person in my house that will eat it. Making guacamole for one is a waste of time, but making a standard recipe always ended up being a waste of guacamole. Enter the GuacLock. This DISHWASHER-SAFE (!!!!) kitchen gadget truly delivers! To be honest, I was skeptical and didn’t expect much. I made guacamole three days ago and have enjoyed it every night since. No gross brown color. No off taste. On day three it was just as fresh as the day it was made. I’ve shared this product on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat; I feel like all of my friends need to know about this one. If you’re actually reading reviews and trying to decide whether or not to add this to your cart. Stop. Just do it! You won’t regret this purchase.” —Allison Ingle
Get it from Amazon for $22.40.
7. A truly ~egg-cellent~ rapid egg cooker so you can enjoy an omelet (or a soft-, medium-, or hard-boiled egg as well as poached eggies — so many options!) in mere minutes. The best part = no supervision necessary, and you won’t dirty a single pan.
Promising review: “Do you like EGGS? I mean do you really LIKE EGGS? Like not a casual fling with eggs but like a RIP ROARIN’ TORRID NEVERENDING ROLLERCOASTER HOT STEAMY 50 SHADES OF EGG LOVE AFFAIR WITH EGGS? Well look no further. It makes eggs real fast and real perfect. I was skeptical, but my first run produced six perfectly hard-boiled eggs and the shells slid right off effortlessly like Shawn Kemp’s breakaway sweats when he’s done warming up. I mean these things are FLAWLESS. You poke a hole in those suckers, put ’em on the thing, dump some water in, and put the cover on and before you know it you’re screaming your a** off in delight at beautiful cooked eggs like Kevin Calabro going apes**t over a Ricky Pierce fadeaway jumper. Wanna do a Cool Hand Luke cosplay? This is your unit. Wanna eat eggs with the Big Unit Randy Johnson? THIS IS YOUR UNIT.” —Brady P
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in eight colors).
Check out our Dash Rapid Egg Cooker review for more deets!
8. A heavy-duty oven scrub to make it look like the years of baked-on dinner explosions and drippings that coat the inside of your oven — poof! — never happened. It’ll clean stains right before your eyes; no need to let it sit overnight!
Everneat / Etsy
Everneat is a small business based in Fairfield, Connecticut, that specializes in natural cleaning products.
Promising review: “This product is amazing! It works fast with pretty minimal elbow grease. The stainless-steel sponge that comes with it makes it easier. And it smells great!” —Melissa C.
9. And a set of oven liners that’ll catch crumbs before they can permanently attach themselves to your oven and create a big freaking mess you’ll spend hours cleaning. Raise your hand if you hate cleaning your oven. Great. Now take that same hand and click the “add to cart” button.
Promising review: “I got tired of cleaning the bottom of my oven out after every drip and spill, or running the ‘oven clean’ option, which uses up so much energy and makes my house HOT during the process. I used to have foil on the bottom of the oven to help with spills, and that improved things greatly — but then you have to replace the foil after a while. I had to cut them to size, which was easy to do with a simple pair of household scissors. Then I placed them in the oven (they look nice!), and I waited for it to get messy. I cooked something super messy and finally needed to clean the liner. It was SO easy; I put it in the sink and used my sink sprayer and everything immediately slid right off the liner. No problem! I have a double oven, so I was glad this pack came with more than one. I have one in each oven and one on standby in case I need it. I know that having a dirty oven isn’t the worst thing in the world, but if it matters to you, try these!” —Hpg
Get a set of three from Amazon for $11.99.
10. A silverware sorter if you cringe every time you open the drawer and see your forks, knives, and spoons spilling out of their tray.
11. A set of produce storage containers for extending the life of your favorite fruits and veggies. Your food will taste better because you’re cooking with produce that’s still at peak freshness instead of soggy and overripe.
Natalie Brown / BuzzFeed
Read my colleague’s in-depth review of the Rubbermaid FreshWorks storage containers to see why she loves them.
Promising review: “This product really works. I frequently buy spinach leaves for salads and smoothies, and it’s always a race to use it before it goes bad. With this product I don’t have to worry about that any longer. It really does extend the shelf life of your produce.” —Rayray
Get a three-piece set from Amazon for $48.74.
12. A plant-based cooking oil solidifier because it makes getting rid of leftover grease easier than whatever method you’re using right now. Simply sprinkle the powder in your remaining oil while it’s still hot, let it cool, and then scoop it into the trash.
FryAway is a woman-owned and Latina-owned small business started by Laura Lady, who loves both cooking and being kind to the planet. They donate 1% of revenue to nonprofits focused on water conservation.
Promising review: “Honestly I didn’t know if this would work, waiting for it to cool down made me nervous, but once it was at room temperature it was solid. It popped out of the fryer so nicely. Worth every penny.” —Emma
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in two sizes).
13. Or a bacon sponge so you can reduce your consumption of single-use paper towels. Just soak these polyester and organic cotton cloths in hot water and a degreasing soap to keep them clean.
Green City Living is a small biz based in Denver that specializes in eco-friendly home goods. They donate 2.5% of sales to Climate Emergency Fund, an organization that supports climate activists.
Promising review: “This is great. I don’t like using loads of paper towels in draining meat, but I didn’t know what else to use. The bacon sponge is absorbent and easy to clean. It performs as advertised and makes me feel better about eliminating another source of waste.” —PamelaRenee
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
14. A pair of glowing lightsaber chopsticks to ~force~ yourself to join the fun side. How can you not smile while waging an epic war between your chopsticks skills and the speed at which you can bring that soy sauce-drenched spicy tuna roll to your mouth before it breaks apart.
Emma Lord / BuzzFeed, Amazon
My colleague Emma Lord bought these and loves them. In her own words:
“I bought these for myself, and I love them to pieces. TBH, I use them as decor every bit as much as I use them to eat. Sometimes I just keep them in my work area to light them up during the day to feel fancy. They toggle back and forth between a bunch of different colors, like red, blue, yellow, purple, and multicolor, so you can either make them match *or* have a red and blue one together and bring ~balance~ to the Force.”
Get them from Amazon for $10.97.
15. A box of cleaning K-Cups that’ll get rid of residue in your machine and prevent flavors from transferring in just one cycle. Or have fun descaling it multiple times. Your choice!
16. A cold brew maker if coffee is your lifeblood and you need at least three cups to get anything done.
It brews a quart (4 cups), so you should have enough java to get you through the day (and maybe some left over to share with your favorite coworker).
Promising review: “I love this thing and use it every day. It’s simple to use, easy to clean, and has held up well to constant use. I pretty much always have it in use, either making or storing my cold brew, and have used it consistently for about six months so far. It is on the smaller side, so be aware: it makes approximately 3 to 12 ounces of brew at a time. Perfect for one person!” —jlferron
Get it from Amazon for $22.25+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
17. Or a HyperChiller for cooling down your hot coffee, tea, and wine in 60 seconds. Having to brew your coffee the night before so you can have iced coffee in the a.m. is a thing of the past.
Promising review: “I have a cold brew set to make concentrate, which is nice but it takes 24+ hours. Sometimes I forget/run out/am lazy and you can literally brew hot coffee into this thing and have ice cold coffee about two minutes later. From hot brewed to so cold in less than two minutes that the coffee doesn’t even melt ice in the glass. Highly recommend if you’re an iced coffee fan like me!” —Billy S.
Get it from Amazon for $23.99.
18. A pack of dishwasher cleaning tablets because they clean as your machine runs — no need to spend your precious free time cleaning it by hand.
19. A vampire-shaped garlic press so your hands don’t reek for the next three days. Just twist the Count’s head to crush the garlic — easy peasy garlic squeezy. Be careful not to have too much fun with this or you’ll end up crushing more garlic than you need…which is not a bad problem to have tbh.
Promising review: “It’s so ridiculous how cute and functional it is! I hated chopping or mincing garlic before getting this! It is fast and efficient, and can get a lot done quickly. Did I mention how cute this is? Also, please know this IS dishwasher-safe. I pop the hair off before putting the top in the dishwasher, and the bottom is one piece so no issues of water getting in and staying there, as other reviewers have expressed concerns about. BUT! If there is ONE THING that is a bit of a pain, it is getting ALL the bits out — but a small silicone spatula or scraper does the trick just fine for me! I use this garlic tool daily; it is honestly a game-changer for my cooking game!” —Llamazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $22.95.
20. A pack of foaming garbage disposal cleaners to deodorize your sink ASAP and get rid of the funk. Please, please, please do not stick your hand down the drain; let this do the work instead!
Promising review: “This product really works! We were dealing with a foul stench coming from our disposal for some time. We tried boiling water, vinegar, etc. This stuff sniffed out the smell real quick and deodorized it as well.” —James Tiberius Kirk
Get a pack (good for four uses) from Amazon for $3.98.
21. A pancake batter mixer with a built-in BlenderBall wire whisk that’ll mix wet and dry ingredients for hotcakes and waffles as fast as you can shake it. Breakfast will be ready in minutes *and* with fewer dirty dishes that require your attention.
Promising review: This is the best breakfast invention after the waffle maker. LOVE IT! As someone who makes pancakes or waffles three to four times a week (my kids are pretty spoiled, but breakfast is key to getting through the first part of the school day), this is the easiest and fastest way to get that done. I just add everything to the bottle, shake, and pour into the waffle maker or griddle. When I am done, just add some water, shake again, empty, and then place everything in the dishwasher.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.90.
22. A microwave veggie steamer if you can’t be bothered to boil a large pot of water just for your single serving of veggies. This steamer has a 2-cup capacity, so it’s great for anyone who’s cooking (or steaming) for one.
Promising review: “I love fresh vegetables but hate having to cook up the whole batch and store. This little microwave steamer worked out even BETTER than I could have imagined! I use it almost every day now. I can break off a few stalks of broccoli, cut up a some asparagus, carrots, steam it in the microwave for 3–3.5 minutes and I have a wonderful serving of mixed fresh veggies anytime I want. I love it! It is small, so if you’re feeding a family, look for something bigger along the same lines. It’s easy to clean, and it seems sturdy enough for the dishwasher, but I hand wash it because I had a microwave steamer that got warped after a few runs through the dishwasher. Would definitely buy again.” —terifrancis
Get it from Amazon for $19.64.
23. A pan and lid organizer for racking your cookware and preventing it from scratching each other. Y’know, it would actually be helpful to see where all your pots, pans, and lids are.
Promising review: “It was better quality than I thought it would be. It worked perfect. It definitely helped me organize the cabinet of pots and pans and made a cluttered mess into an organized functional space. I would recommend it to anybody. Now I can just reach in and grab the fry pan I want and it left plenty of room for my pots to stay to the right. You could not even see the bottom of my cabinet before.” —Careful shopper
Get it from Amazon for $19.97 (available in three colors).
24. A cooktop cleaner because you want a pristine kitchen but your messy roommate’s selective amnesia means they don’t remember all the apartment meetings you’ve had about cleaning up after yourselves. This kit comes with a bottle of cleaner, a sponge, and a scraper — everything you need short of a new roommate.
Promising review: “I had tried four different cleaners before discovering this one and I wish I would have found it sooner! All of that caked-on liquid that runs out of the pans and burns into the stove top while you’re cooking?? This removes all of it. It doesn’t scratch your glass top stove top and it leaves it looking brand-new. I won’t ever buy another cleaner — this is it for me!” —Christine
Get it from Amazon for $11.47.
25. A sandwich bag holder so you can transport your food without spilling half of it on the counter. We recommend these reusable silicone bags if you’re trying to reduce your plastic use.
Promising review: “As a single person, one of my biggest challenges is cooking. I prefer to make larger quantities — usually in my Instant Pot — and then separate them into servings and freeze them. Trying to freeze a lot of containers took too much space, so I decided to try freezer bags. Since it was a mess to put servings into bags, I ordered these bag clips to help, and they do. I mostly use sandwich-size baggies, which fit well, and the stands hold the bag open so I can add the food. Then it is easy to freeze the bags flat for future use.” —cymart
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $11.99.
26. A microwave pasta cooker to save the day when you want soft, cheesy, noodly carbs but don’t want the hassle of boiling water, cleaning a giant pot, and struggling to strain your noods without spilling hot water everywhere.
Read our Fasta Pasta Microwave Cooker review!
Promising review: “I bought this microwave pasta cooker at a time when I did not have a stove. Even though I have a stove now, I still use this cooker for dinner for myself sometimes because it works so well and quickly! Be careful and read instructions carefully as you must leave the top off while cooking it. There are lines to indicate how much water to put in the cooker versus the amount of pasta you intend to cook. The pasta comes out very soft and perfectly cooked when instructions are followed. When the pasta is done, the lid is used to drain the cooker of water and works very well. I highly recommend this to any college student or adult who needs a fast microwave pasta cooker!” —Kelsi
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
27. A plant-based stainless-steel cleaner and polish that’ll help you conquer the very time-consuming task of wiping down all the appliances in your kitchen. Reviewers say it helps keep your surfaces smudge free for longer, meaning less cleaning for you!
Promising review: “After reading the newspaper, I desperately need just one dang thing I can fix in this world! But seriously, it’s the best stainless cleaner I’ve ever used. It’s quick, smells great and the finish is perfect. It resists finger prints (and paw prints) for days. It was also a great idea they had to include the microfiber cleaning cloth, as it does an excellent job as well. I probably wouldn’t have thought of that. I plan to give these as gifts. Pretty funny!” —Designer Mom
Get a bottle on Amazon for $16.95.
28. A 3-in-1 burger press if you’d be perfectly happy to never eat another store-bought frozen burger patty again. You can make sliders, as well as regular-size burgers *and* stuffed burgers.
Promising review: “Really well made product. It is sturdy and works great, I foresee this lasting for quite some time. It is very easy to use and can make stuffed burgers as well as regular burgers. I also bought the paper sheets recommended because then I can buy ground beef on sale and shape and freeze my own hamburger patties. It saves quite a bit of money to do it this way as opposed to buying already made ground beef patties, not to mention the taste is sooooo much better!” —deborah
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
29. A heart-shaped mini waffle maker for whipping up juuust enough waffles for one (because you know you’re not going to eat soggy leftover waffles). This lil’ gadget weighs less than a pound, heats up in minutes, and also works with chaffles (low-carb cheese and egg waffles), paninis, hash browns, and even biscuit pizzas.
Promising review: “I love this little machine. It makes the perfect size waffle for one person. I keep waffle mix on hand where all I have to do is add water. I can make two to three waffles pretty quick and there’s very little cleanup. The batter cooks quickly so I would recommend watching it closely. I spray a small amount of Pam and haven’t had any trouble removing my waffles when done. The machine is small enough that storage isn’t an issue. Plus the color is too cute!” —D
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in a variety of colors).
30. A visual grocery list pad because you’ve definitely walked into the grocery store, lost track of time, and emerged an hour and a half later (with a bunch of stuff you didn’t need and without the butter you originally went to the store to pick up for a recipe).
Elwyn Life is a small business based in Paris that makes beautiful and functional planners, to-do lists, and more.
Promising review: “It really helped when we were out of a grocery item to just circle it on the list for the family, so when I ordered groceries I knew what we needed. It didn’t stop the family from putting empty cartons in the refrigerator, but at least they let me know that we were out. LOL.” —Live Laugh Love
Get it from Amazon for $12.95.
31. A manual food chopper so you can slice and dice fruits, veggies, herbs, boneless meats, and ice with ease *and* without taking up a lot of space on your counters or hurting your ears with shrieking mechanical whirring.
It’s also dishwasher-safe (top rack only!) so cleanup is easy peasy.
Promising review: “Love this thing. I’m single and live alone. I don’t need a full on food processor. This works great. Just be careful hand-cleaning so you don’t cut yourself open. The blades are extremely sharp.” —Steve S.
Get it from Amazon for $17.70+ (available in three colors).
32. Or a veggie dicer to handle bigger dicing jobs and make quick work of the produce in your fridge that need to be prepped for dinner. No more tears because the recipe calls for diced onions!
Promising review: “Use often. Works well. Love that I can quickly chop up vegetables to same size so they cook more evenly. Especially love if I’m doing a lot of onions for food prep. Note: does not work on tomatoes for those wondering. I give a quick rinse with hot water to clean up and air dry.” —Lte
Get it from Amazon for $29.98.
33. A cast-iron scrubber that’ll lift leftover food grit — not the pan’s seasoning. This’ll save you a heck of a lot of time now that you’re not trying to scrub away stubborn stains with a fragile sponge.
Because this scrubber is metal, you should avoid using it on nonstick pans as it can scratch and damage the surface.
Promising review: “I love the product. I wish I had known about it when I first got my cast-iron skillet over a year ago. It is really easy to use and did a great job getting the crud off of the skillet without stripping the seasoning away and it was fast. I find myself using my cast-iron more frequently since purchasing this product because I no longer dread the cleanup process. If you have cast-iron cookware then you need one of these babies. I will definitely recommend it to others.” —KeCaRi
34. An itty bitty knife sharpener if you’re still smushing your veggies and dangerously sawing through hard fruits and meat with a dull knife.
Promising review: “Wow! I was going to buy some whet stones to sharpen my knives but I know I’d be too lazy to use them. Then I saw this gadget advertised on BuzzFeed and though I’d try it for the price. It works exactly as stated. It won’t restore knicked blades but it sharpens amazingly good. Knives that I’ve had for years I was able to sharpen and cut with ease.” —Amazon Customer
My colleague loves this lil’ guy, saying it “totally ~transformed~ my hodgepodge of a knife collection, and probably saved my clumsy self from lots of close calls with dull knives.” Read her full KitchenIQ knife sharpener review.
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
35. A pack of reusable toaster bags for when a 2 a.m. craving for a grilled cheese hits but you don’t want to dirty a pan. Just plop your bread and cheese in the bag and then in the toaster and you’re minutes away from ooey gooey cheesy goodness. And they’re great for helping prevent cross contamination if someone in your house has food allergies.
These reusable bags are good for 50 to 100 washes and can hold pizza, chicken nuggets, and pastries.
Promising review: “I love using these! Since I live alone I don’t like having to dirty a skillet to make just one sandwich. This makes a great sandwich in the toaster without any muss or fuss. They’re easy to clean; just wipe it out or use a little soap and water if needed. The nonstick feature is very helpful.” —Branwynmars
Get a set of four from Amazon for $8.59.
36. A meat tenderizer because it’ll make your $10 steak taste like it cost 10 times that.
Promising review: “This thing really works great. Takes only seconds to tenderize any kind of meat. I’ve used on pork, beef, and chicken and the results are these meats cook and taste so much better after being tenderized with this. Many people ask about dishwasher-safe. I have used it for a while and always put it in the dishwasher and it’s fine. It’s plastic and stainless-steel so I don’t think the dishwasher can hurt it.” —5280
Get it from Amazon for $19.89 (available in four styles).
37. A microwave steam cleaner so you can say goodbye to baked-on crud that’s clung to the sides of your microwave since, well, we’re not exactly sure how long it’s been there but suffice it to say it’s been awhile.
Promising review: “Something I didn’t believe until I tried it. So easy to follow directions, written on Angry Mama. Was disappointed when I opened the microwave to see the filth still on it. Was wishing it would magically taken care of itself. But all it took was a quick swipe with a paper towel and GONE. Loosened everything, which is half the process. My microwave was sooooo white once cleaned!! Would buy as gifts.” —JDesmond
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in four colors).
You before buying a cold brew maker, trying to pretend you enjoy sipping hot cofee: